Wednesday, March 14, 2007

TAU Bro's Come To McSorley's


How cool is it when active SUNY Binghamton TAU Brothers Pierce Schiller, Tim Ho, Chris Ciano and Steve "The Doctor" Conroy come looking for their favorite Alumni Bro in the back room of McSorley's? Very cool, and that's just what happened this past Friday. In case anyone was interested, I pledged the Tau Alpha Upsilon fraternity in the Spring of 1983, my 10th semester in Binghamton. Eight of us started out pledging and only two of us made it. Me and Sanjay Malhotra (3rd from left in picture) who's now a prominent attorney. Our pledge trip was to Buffalo, NY. We had to carry around stuffed tigers for 4 1/2 weeks and be humiliated regularly in front of a large group of people. All in all, the most memorable experience I had in my 5 years of college. And looking back, if that's ALL I had to do to get Pierce, Tim, Chris and Dr. Steve into the back room of McSorley's 24 years later, then it was well worth it. And TAU Bro's if you're reading this, as soon as all of you graduate college (I love saying that), we'll be accepting applications for New Horsemen. We could use a few fellas like you…

No comments: